This course will teach illustration techniques meant to enhance drawing skills, explore playful approaches to art-making, and cultivate personal drawing aesthetics. Students will build a sketchbook full of imaginative drawings, developed/evolving studies, playful characters, and a deeper understanding of their personal style and aesthetic.
– Mixed Media Sketchbook – 9″ x 12” or larger
– Graphite Pencils (variety of softness: HB, 2B, 6B)
– Eraser (preferably artist-style eraser like a Magic White)
– High-quality Colored Pencils (Prismacolors or Faber-Castell Polychromos)
– Brush Pen (Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen and/or Pentel Fude Brush Pen)
*Students are welcome to bring in other personal art supplies from home as projects progress.